Academic Enrichment Advisor
1 day left
- Full Time
Tracking Code 9891/H1517
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs or her designee, the Academic Enrichment Program Bar Exam Advisor is responsible for the development, implementation, and assessment of bar support programs for students at the school, and providing support to the AEP Academic Enrichment 1L students as they prepare for their first-semester exams, and start their second semester at BU Law. The Advisor provides leadership and support for assessing and responding to students’ progress bar readiness with a particular focus on the Uniform Bar Exam (“UBE”) and study strategies. Develops and implements programming that compliments the JD curriculum, while coordinating and promoting available resources for bar and exam preparation.
- Develop and implement a bar-preparation series complimentary to doctrinal course study that addresses foundational skills such as logic, critical reading comprehension, essay writing, legal issue identification, and legal analysis, as well as study techniques, stress-management, and related topics.
- Collaborate with faculty, the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Associate Director for Academic Enrichment and other related staff to assess and address the student needs related to academic and bar exams. Research programs that combine study skills and substantive doctrinal review / teaching, including following up with faculty to track the success of suggestions.
- Counsel students individually on bar preparation strategies and resources located within both the School of Law and the University. Maintain knowledge of resources and contacts inside and outside the University.
- Develop a bar readiness resource center which will provide substantive assistance to students regarding specific areas of law.
- Develop and implement workshops and electronic resources on bar exam-related topics, including but not limited to, researching existing workshops and resources, making recommendations regarding these resources, and developing programming that fills in the gaps of existing resources, ensuring a thorough and cohesive package for students.
- Counsel 1L students on exam readiness, and offer guidance on assessing first-semester grades.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and reference list to email@example.com.
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Temporary