Senior Manager in MCIC Network and Programming
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of "Delivering from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
About the role
- Competitive Salary Package
- Fixed Term (5 year contract)
The Senior Manager MCIC (Michael Crouch Innovation Centre) Network and Programming leads the MCIC team to curate MCIC programming aligned with the objective of supporting 100+ UNSW start-ups per year and providing a vibrant ‘best in class’ network of makerspaces across UNSW campuses.
The Senior Manager MCIC N&P will develop the strategy to most effectively use the MCIC team and resources to design and curate ‘Foundation Programs’ for UNSW staff and students to develop their ‘entrepreneurial confidence’ via the MCIC makerspace and workshop - and go on to translate the most promising ideas into start-up companies. Taking a thought leadership position in Australia, the incumbent will develop strategies for the relationship of prototyping and makerspaces to innovation and successful entrepreneurship.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High level organisational skills and the demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and deadlines;¿Outstanding leadership and relationship building skills across diverse environments;
- Demonstrated management experience, including strategy and strong operational management of innovation and entrepreneurship programming and makerspace environments, preferably in the higher education or industry sectors;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Business, Administration) with subsequent relevant professional or management experience (or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience).
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Susan McColl, Director Operations
Applications close: Sunday 3 December