Strategic Partnership Manager in New Technology Focus
- Join one of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Play an integral role in supporting the University’s 2025 Strategy
- Assist us in reaching our commercialisation goals
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of “Delivering from Research Excellence” and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity" as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years and, through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government, help transform Australia's economic base. It will also significantly increase the number of new companies formed as UNSW spinouts or staff or student initiated businesses.
About the role
As part of the UNSW Knowledge Exchange team, the Strategic Partnership Manager is responsible for initiating, building and growing strong relationships with designated high profile and strategic domestic and international corporate partners and small business ‘clusters’, in sectors that align with UNSW capability and technology strengths. This is an integral role in ensuring that UNSW delivers on the objectives in the 2025 Strategy. The position reports to the Director, Strategic Partnerships.
Further Key Responsibilities:
- Build and utilise relationships with key decision makers and influencers in strategic partners to proactively identify the full range of opportunities for UNSW
- Make introductions of relevant UNSW staff and support the conclusion of commercial arrangements
- Tertiary qualifications in business and/or knowledge gained through relevant experience
- Extensive experience in business development and revenue growth, including building of significant corporate and SME relationships
- Extensive experience in leading and managing high profile business partnerships
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills and a significant personal business network at senior levels in Australia and overseas, preferably in either the biomedical sciences sector OR ICT, robotics and devices sector
- Experience in technology commercialisation and working with early stage business ventures and achievement of significant revenue growth
- Experience in sales and delivery of value-add services to external partners and achievement of significant revenue growth
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to execute strategy on time and generate revenue will complement our team to achieve our 2025 strategy.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria) online via the Apply button. Please note all documentation must be in PDF format.
Nathan Wong, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 27 November 2017