Professional Teaching Fellow in Accounting and Finance
Graduate School of Management
Faculty of Business and Economics
The Graduate School of Management at the University of Auckland invites applications for a Professional Teaching Fellow position to strengthen its teaching activities and curriculum in accounting and finance.
- You will lead, plan and deliver high quality lectures, tutorials and project supervisions, and assess students
- You'll also play a critical role in the development and management of our taught postgraduate programmes, attracting a diverse cohort of international and domestic students
- You will be integral to the development of programme and course curriculam and materials
- Throughout all that you do, you will promote and enhance the international standing of the University of Auckland's study courses in accounting and finance
Who are we looking for?
- A relevant professional qualification in accounting is essential, as is a postgraduate qualification in accounting and/or finance
- You will have teaching experience at tertiary level in accounting, including design and delivery of interactive and experiential learning
- You will be familiar with the role of technologies in supporting learning and teaching
- You will also have comprehensive and diverse practitioner experience in a professional accounting role
The University of Auckland is New Zealand's leading university, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
The Graduate School of Management is committed to delivering high value, relevant and impactful learning experiences that maximise the employment outcomes for our graduates.
The University of Auckland provides an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential.
We offer a competitive salary, five weeks’ annual leave, and over 300 different career development courses. In addition, the University offers a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, childcare and a number of other subsidies on internal and external services.
Applications close Tuesday, 28 November 2017.
For further information go to www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz