Research Associate in Civil Engineering, Level A/Level B
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The UNSW Water Research Centre (WRC) is a research centre of the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of New South Wales a focal point for activities at UNSW related to water and wastewater research.
About the role
- $72K - $119K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
A position for a Research Associate (Level A) or Senior Research Associate (Level B) is available in the Water Research Centre to provide inputs into projects relating to urban storm water management, green technologies and to set up a greenhouse laboratory.
About the successful applicant
The successful applicant will have strong tertiary qualifications in civil or environmental engineering, chemical engineering or a related field. The candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills, a publication track record, an ability to manage new and existing research projects and possess or show willingness to develop good working relationships with researchers and industry.
To be successful in this role you will:
- PhD (or very soon to be awarded) or equivalent in civil/environmental engineering, chemical engineering or related area; preferably in the area of Water Sensitive Urban Design;
- Demonstrable initiative and ability to undertake research tasks related to investigating urban water management, green technologies for stormwater & greywater management, e.g. biofilters, wetlands and green walls;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research under limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills and experience with managing various project stakeholders
- Strong publication record in the relevant field, particularly in high quality peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated experience in laboratory management and establishment
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Dr Kefeng Zhang
Applications close: 10 December 2017