Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Education
Post-doctoral Research Fellow
School Graduate School of Education
Project Area Education
Post Duration 2 years (Contract renewable upon good performance review)
Reports to Principal Investigator
Start of Job January 2018
HR Post Reference no
Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education (NUGSE) has two full-time post-doctoral research vacancies. NUGSE Teaching and research areas include: Inclusive Education, Higher Education, Multilingual Education and School Education. The post-doctoral fellow position is an advanced academic research position, where you will conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator. Limited teaching may also be part of the portfolio of activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate possession of advanced research skills, and show competences in the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic publications and dissemination of scholarly works, the development of funding proposals, and the supervision and mentorship of graduate students, along with the opportunity to develop own skills in research led teaching.
Salary : Competitive salary is offered (available on request)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a specified programme of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of your Principal Investigator
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by your Principal Investigator, your School or Institute, or the University.
- Support your Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research programme.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by, with the support of, and under the supervision of, your Principal Investigator.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of your research group, School and Institute.
- Take responsibility as requested for day-to-day advice and support of graduate research students associated with your research group.
- Mentor and assist, as appropriate and as directed, the research graduate students in your School and Institute.
- Carry out administrative and management duties associated with your programme of research.
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
- PhD in Education
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project, and of resources management.
- Knowledge and application of the principles underpinning successful grant application
- Proven ability to identify and fulfil the academic writing requirements for target publications
- Proven record of working with team members and PhD students to help build their research skills and knowledge and to support and guide their professional development
- Generate new ideas and links, and builds upon existing ideas to generate unique concepts and solutions
- Knowledge of ethics in research
- Able to apply advanced technological skills in research
Further Information for Candidates
Closing Date 1st December 2017
Required documents for Application
- Comprehensive CV
- letter of application
- 2 reference letters
- Copies of all qualifications
Method of Recruitment Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to our standard recruitment procedures which will include an interview, background check and vetting of qualifications
How to Apply Application should be send by email before the closing date to email@example.com
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered
Contact Person & Enquiries about the post Jason Sparks: Acting Dean: Graduate School of Education