Equity and Diversity Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
The Faculty Office comprises the offices of the Faculty Executive (including the Dean, Senior Vice Deans and Faculty General Manager), as well as other central portfolios which manage and provide support to Schools and Centres within the Faculty. Functions of the Faculty office include Research Support, Education Support, Administrative Support, External Relations, Finance and Human Resources.
About the role
- $90,399 - $97,838 plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The UNSW Medicine Faculty Office is looking for an individual who will work to implement the Faculty’s equity and diversity initiatives pertaining to staff and students in order to achieve the objectives of the strategic plan designed by the Faculty Executive and Medicine Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee. They will work to promote the representation, distribution and retention of people with diverse personal attribution, experiences and backgrounds.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of diversity initiatives and programs, including experience planning and organising successful events;
- Sound understanding of anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation with demonstrated ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation within an organisational context
- A relevant degree and experience or equivalent competency gained through another combination of education, training and experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Jonathan Pheasant – Faculty Executive Director
T: (61 2) 9385 2703
Applications close: Friday, 1 December 2017