Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Accounting
5 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The School of Accounting is internationally renowned for its innovative research in several published rankings. It is seen by many as the top accounting research institution in Australia and one of the premier Schools in the Asian Pacific region. The School of Accounting is also known for its high-quality teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
About the position
- Lecturer $101,524 - $119,683 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Senior Lecturer $123,310 - $141,471 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Salary Supplementation in addition to Salary
- 5 Years Fixed Term, Full Time
About the successful applicant
UNSW Business School is looking for exceptional accounting scholars who will deliver outstanding teaching and student experience into undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. The incumbent is expected to pursue high quality research, publish in respected international academic journals and be actively engaged within the School, community and industry.
These opportunities would be ideal for an academic with expertise in the areas of Auditing and/or Management Accounting (for Level B or C) and Auditing, Financial Accounting or Management Accounting for Level B position.
While this position indicates a 5 year appointment, it may convert to a continus role.
Some of the key attributes you will have to be successful in this role include:
At Level B:
- A PhD degree in Accounting or related discipline (or equivalent research record) or expected to complete their degree requirements in the next academic year.
- Expected or demonstrated excellence in publishing in top accounting journals.
- Demonstrated ability for teaching and curriculum development at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in Accounting.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain research funding and participate in collaborative research and educational projects.
At Level C:
As specified above, plus
- A PhD degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- A strong track record in publishing high quality research in leading Accounting journals with success in applying for competitive research grants
- A track record of successful curriculum development and improvements at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in Accounting.
- Capability and willingness to mentor junior academic staff.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply:
Submit your application through www.jobs.unsw.edu.au applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Professor Mandy Cheng, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 6343
Applications close: 11:59 pm Thursday 30 November 2017 (AEDT)