Senior Manager in Academic Development Services
1 day left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of the DVC (A) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience and the needs of academic staff. Within the DVC(A), the PVC(E) Portfolio provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives in learning and teaching through the enhancement of approaches to curriculum design and delivery, the effective use of online technologies, the design and management of effective learning environments for students and the development and renewal of academic policies and quality assurance processes. The Portfolio works collaboratively with the faculties, schools and divisions to implement the 2025 Strategic Plan and drive enhancements to the student experience, educational and career outcomes.
About the role
- Competitive remuneration package offered
- Continuing – Start date from middle of January.
Situated within, and working with the Director and Academic Development Services team, the Senior Manager (Academic Development Services) will provide high level executive support and advice to the Director, Academic Development Services and to the PVC (Education) on the strategy, development, implementation and quality assurance of academic Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and career development initiatives for academic development across UNSW.
The Senior Manager will teach on both the non-accredited and accredited programs and courses designed for academics and educational designers and developers and is responsible for the preparation, review, analysis, regular reporting and recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the Portfolio’s CPD programs and career development initiatives.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated experience to teach both the non-accredited and accredited programs and courses designed for academic staff and professional staff incorporating innovative pedagogy and educational technologies using a learning management system to facilitate blended and online learning.
- Proven ability to lead and manage the design, development, implementation, quality assurance and data systems of continuing professional development programs, activities and resources that support the design, development, implementation and evaluation of digitally enabled learning teaching and curricula.
- Postgraduate qualifications with relevant experience in an area of study and work relevant to the development of digitally-enabled learning and teaching in higher education.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Associate Professor Marina Harvey, PhD, PFHEAE
Director, Academic Development Services
Office of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education)
T: (61 2) 9385 3062
Applications close: 26 November 2017