Senior Lecturer, Eastern Health Clinical School
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences / Eastern Health Clinical School
Location: Box Hill Hospital/Maroondah
Employment Type: Part-time, fraction (0.3)
Duration: Continuing appointment
$116,737 - $134,606 pa Level C
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- An exciting opportunity for medical education research
- Achieve your brilliant ambition
- Contribute to the teaching effort of the University
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
Eastern Health Clinical School is providing an opportunity for further development of your academic career as an educator and researcher. As the Senior Lecturer (MBBS Curriculum and Innovation) you will have a health profession or education qualification, a doctoral level qualification in a relevant area (or equivalent experience) and extensive teaching experience. You will be expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the University and to carry out activities to develop and maintain scholarly research and/or professional activities relevant to education within your specific discipline and the medical course.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating elements of the ongoing integrated Monash University and Deakin University Medical Student Programs at Eastern Health Clinical School
- Initiating, designing and developing evidence-based innovation in clinical teaching for medical students
- Leading/managing health professions education research and evaluation projects
- Attracting funding to undertake educational research and evaluations
- Contributing to Honours and Research Higher Degree supervision within Eastern Health Clinical School
- Administrative and service responsibilities relevant to the role
Qualifications or significant experience in education and a publication record in refereed journals or equivalent with the capacity to obtain external funding, or to assist others to do so are essential. A doctoral level qualification (or equivalent experience) is expected.
If you have proven ability, commitment and passion for engaging in academic activities and the ability to promote medical education both within the University, health service and to the greater community, we welcome your application
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Associate Professor Jenepher Martin, Associate Professor, +61 3 9091 8890
Wednesday 13 December 2017, 11.55pm AEDT