1 day left
- Part Time
The Menzies Institute for Medical Research at the University of Tasmania is one of Australia's leading health and medical research institutes and is recognised worldwide for its research excellence. Menzies has a long record of research achievement in multiple sclerosis (MS). We are committed to developing innovative, interdisciplinary research in MS into a flagship program for the Institute. The program will be an internationally significant national MS research and translation centre led by Menzies that is recognised globally for its excellence and that improves outcomes for people with MS, their families and carers.
The Project Manager is expected to have strong project management, stakeholder management, financial, administration and negotiation skills. Demonstrated experience in the management of complex and multi-party projects is required.
In the role you will:
- Lead the development and implementation of the MS Research Flagship Program including the delivery of strategic and operational plans in close collaboration with the Director, Business Manager and research leaders.
- Responsible for providing high-level project management advice to realise the establishment of the MS Research Flagship Program and managing the implementation of the project.
- Responsible for providing expert advice to establish the required governance structure for the MS Research Flagship Program, and providing executive support to the committee/s established.
- Provide high-level stakeholder and government relations advice and support to the Director, Business Manager and research leaders.
- Develop excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders that lead to the development of strategies to gain support and funding to the Program.
You will be employed on a part-time, 2 year fixed term basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of a degree with subsequent relevant experience in a related area or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education or training.
- Experience in the development and implementation of strategy, including strategic and operational plans.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of medium to large-scale complex and multi-party projects that have a domestic and international profile.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills across a variety of mediums.
- Experience providing high-level stakeholder engagement advice, in particular involving government and non-government organisations.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $124,831 comprising base salary within the range of $92,385 to $106,694 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Mark Bennett, General Manager Menzies Institute for Medical Research, Mark.Bennett@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 7701.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Friday, 24 November 2017.