Technical Officer in Simulation
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The South Western Sydney Clinical School is based at Liverpool and Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospitals, Sydney. The School is the fastest growing School within UNSW Medicine and is renowned for its excellence in undergraduate teaching and clinical training as well as in the range of research areas such as Cancer, Clinical Science, Community and Population Health, Early Years/Childhood Health, Injury and Rehabilitation and Mental Health.
About the role
- $82,417 - $87,919 plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The South Western Sydney Clinical School currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled individual to provides technical, operational and administrative support for teaching activities in the Clinical Skills Program for UNSW Medicine students. Whilst located in the SWS Clinical School, the Technical Officer, Simulation is associated with the Faculty’s Education Support team and interacts with Academic staff, tutors, students and volunteers who participate in clinical skills training.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven technical capabilities to deliver skills programs in Theatre procedures and provide instruction to others in the safe use of clinical equipment, including safety techniques and procedures (i.e. completion of foundations in simulation training workshops or other Sim TECH training, such as SIMGHOSTS;
- Demonstrated ability in the management of bookings, developing training schedules and support and attend promotional events as required; and
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a clinical or other relevant discipline and subsequent relevant work experience in a medical or educational environment, with at least 12 months experience working with patient simulation services, technologies and applications.
You are required to systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Mr Craig Smith – Chief of Staff
T: (61 2) 8738 3848
Applications close: Friday, 1 December 2017