Lecturer in Electrical Engineering
- Take your research further with state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Be surrounded by extraordinary & innovative ideas - and the people who discover them
- Work in a convenient CBD Location
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Engineering comprises a diverse range of disciplines: Aerospace Engineering and Aviation; Chemical and Environmental Engineering; Civil and Infrastructure Engineering; Electrical and Biomedical Engineering; Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering; Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics Engineering; Mechanical and Automotive Engineering.
In the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 16th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 36th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the world's top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies).
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
This is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the research and teaching efforts of the School, in particular in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Initiate and conduct high quality research in a multidisciplinary environment with a focus on collaboration with industry
- Recruitment and supervision of higher degree by research students
- Responsible for the currency, relevance and quality of the Teaching & Learning material delivered at UG and PG level both onshore and offshore
- Developing and maintaining close engagement with industry and professional bodies, locally and internationally
- Proven record of academic achievement in a relevant field of electrical engineering
- Demonstrated experience in teaching at higher education level
- Proven ability to prepare and win competitive research grants or contracts
- Excellent skills in developing high quality teaching and learning resources
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
How to Apply
For further information please contact Professor Michael Austin (Associate Dean) on +61 3 9925 2459 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 558945.
Applications close on Monday, 4th of December 2017.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.