Future Students Manager
Vice-Chancellor's Division Marketing and Communications
We are developing the 'next generation' of higher education professionals that contribute services that go beyond support and enablement for academics; they challenge and inspire all of us. Our professional staff play an integral part in developing and delivering expertise, management, leadership and strategic services that are complex, rewarding and truly cutting edge. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
About the Role
Responsible for the development and execution of targeted future student engagement strategies and outreach activities to support student load targets across pathways, undergraduate and postgraduate programs. This role will be responsible for the successful execution of University wide student recruitment events such as Open Day and engagement with schools and industry to build awareness and the reputation of UON in the community.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive management experience and proven management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- A proven track record in development and leading innovative student engagement strategies and expert knowledge of factors that influence prospective student decision making.
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to lead/inspire a team of professional staff to deliver exceptional performance/outcomes.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships across all levels of an organisation and foster an inter-disciplinary and cross- team way of working.
- Highly developed organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload against organisational priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace obligations to, and experience in leading and cultivating workplace practices and behaviours that promote, support and maintain a safe, healthy, equitable, diverse and respectful workplace; including responding appropriately to adverse accidents, incidents, behaviours, issues, reports and the like.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 9 - From $110,645 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Wednesday 29 November 2017