Corporate Affairs Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Vice-Chancellor's Division Marketing and Communications
We are developing the 'next generation' of higher education professionals that contribute services that go beyond support and enablement for academics; they challenge and inspire all of us. Our professional staff play an integral part in developing and delivering expertise, management, leadership and strategic services that are complex, rewarding and truly cutting edge. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
About the Role
The Corporate Affairs Manager is responsible for proactively protecting and enhancing the University's reputation with the public by mitigating risks of negative coverage of the University locally, nationally and internationally across all forms of media. This role provides high-level advice on corporate affairs management to the Deputy Director, Communications and Media and the Chief Marketing Officer and is a key influencer of senior University leaders, including the Vice - Chancellor.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience in corporate affairs, journalism or public relations; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Extensive experience managing end-to-end corporate affairs and managing media relationships to positively impact the reputation of a large complex organisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including preparation of media releases, developing reports for senior stakeholders on media issues management as well as experience developing and implementing a corporate affairs strategy.
- Demonstrated capacity to coach and influence senior leaders and engage with stakeholders across a large, diverse organisation to drive organisational outcomes through effective corporate affairs management principles.
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to lead/inspire a team of professional staff to deliver exceptional performance/outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace obligations to, and experience in leading and cultivating workplace practices and behaviours that promote, support and maintain a safe, healthy, equitable, diverse and respectful workplace; including responding appropriately to adverse accidents, incidents, behaviours, issues, reports and the like.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 8 - From $94,839 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Wednesday 29 November 2017