Design Campaign Level B/C/D in User Experience/Interaction Design
1 day left
- Full Time
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Art Design and Architecture
Department of Design
$95,297 - $113,166 pa Level B /
$116,737 - $134,606 pa Level C /
$140,565 - $154,853 pa Level D
(Plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
Monash Art Design and Architecture (MADA) in Melbourne, Australia is an open, connected community of creative thinkers, makers and professional practitioners who tackle urgent issues together and with others. We are dissolving the boundaries between disciplines to create new space to imagine real change and envisage the possibilities of the future.
Within this framework the Department of Design is reimagining its long history in the fields of industrial, interior and communication design in order to embrace the emergent areas of practice that run between and across traditional design disciplines. Hence, we are seeking talented and adventurous academic staff who can drive new thinking in the fields of interaction and user experience design; and locate MADA as an exemplar of interdisciplinary practice, through their engagement with their own and other fields of expertise.
Interaction and user experience design is transforming human engagement with the world, from business systems to health care; entertainment to social justice. MADA is offering an opportunity to advance our position within this world through innovative, speculative, critical and strategic applications of interaction and user experience design. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to forge close relationships with Monash University’s SensiLab, a world-class innovation and technology lab now housed within the MADA community.
The successful candidate will be required to
- coordinate the interaction and user experience design units and program
- undertake teaching and develop curricula in the disciplines
- seek opportunities for students to collaborate in projects across disciplines
- conduct original research that will lead to publications in refereed journals or with high level academic or commercial publishers or create high quality non-tradition research outputs; and/or attract industry and government project funding
- supervise PhD and other post graduate students in the area of interaction and user experience design.
The sucessful candidate's attributes:
- The successful candidate will possess a research doctorate or equivalent higher degree in design with an emphasis on interaction design and/ or user experience design, or, in exceptional circumstances, demonstration of equivalence through research-based practice.
- The successful candidate will have a strong record of teaching and research in the fields; a high level of interpersonal skills; and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others.
Please note this role has been extended until Jan 22nd. Any applications who have applied before Sunday 10th December will be shortlisted in the first round of interviews.
If you are looking to join this community of creative thinkers and develop into the next stage of your academic career, then we strongly encourage you to apply.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Professor Lisa Grocott, Head of Design Department, Tel: +61 3 9903 1290
Monday 22 January 2018, 11.55pm AEDT