Assistant Research Fellow in China Business and Economy
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB98,000 to RMB131,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The assistant research fellow post will support the research of Prof Stephen L. Morgan, who is Associate Provost for Planning at UNNC and Professor of Chinese Economic History at the University of Nottingham in the UK. The focus of the research support will be related to Chinese business, economy and society. Research will be across several projects, and include not only contemporary China but also Chinese economic, business and management history. The role will require a broad knowledge of statistical analysis as well as competencies in undertaking detailed literature reviews. Current projects include research into nutritional status and the standard of living, Chinese entrepreneurs and business networks, and social and economic inequality in China.
- An undergraduate or master degree in a relevant discipline in the social sciences such as Economics or Management, Economic and Business History, International Studies, and so on;
- Demonstrated research skills;
- Demonstrated competency in using the statistical packages SPSS or Stata or both (preferably);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese;
- Well rounded knowledge of standard office software;
- Evidence of past research experience such as a dissertation or employment as a research assistant;
- Good time management and attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Able to show personal initiative in design and conduct of projects, and work to tight deadlines;
- A team player who will help out others should the need arise.
- A MA/MSc;
- Knowledge of statistical packages other than Stata or SPSS, such as R.;
- Ability to use GIS software and social network analysis software (such as UCInet);
- Evidence of previous skills or training on research;
- Knowledge of Japanese;
- Publication of research papers in journals;
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with the collection and analysis of data related to China, both historical and contemporary data;
- To undertake statistical analysis of previously collected data and prepare the data for publication in journals;
- To undertake literature reviews in both Chinese and English;
- To assist with the preparation of surveys (questionnaires) and the conduct of interviews;
- To take part in staff development activities consistent with continuous professional development;
- To participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- To maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- To undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to email@example.com