Student Support Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Nura Gili is the Indigenous Programs Unit at UNSW, Australia. Its core business is to:
- provide support services for Indigenous students;
- deliver Indigenous studies teaching programs; and
- conduct research within the field of Indigenous studies. With a strong team of experienced staff and a growing rates of Indigenous enrollments, Nura Gili is focused on becoming the leading Indigenous Unit within the higher education sector in Australia.
About the roles
- A $91K - $99Kper year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed 3 year term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
- 3 roles available
Nura Gili is seeking 3 experienced and motivated professionals to join our student services team as Student Support Officers. The role is responsible for providing high quality academic, cultural and personal support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students enrolled at the University and support and advice to prospective students. Working within a small team, the roles develop and manage pathway programs for high school students including Winter School, ISEP and Pre Programs and assorted recruitment activities. The Student Support Officers play a vital role in the development and maintenance of relationships with schools, the community, and other organisations that work with Nura Gili to increase participation in education and success of Indigenous students.
To be successful in the role you will have a relevant tertiary qualification and subsequent relevant experience or equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience. You need to be both a great communicator and listener experienced in working with Indigenous students and able to get along with a broad range of people internal and external to UNSW. Familiar with coordinating multiple projects, you will be eager to show your initiative to build Nura Gili’s suite of programs and outreach activities.
UNSW considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification under s 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Mr Michael Peachey – Student Services Manager, Nura Gili Indigenous Programs Unit
T: (61 2) 9385 1082
Applications close: Sunday 26th Nov 2017