Land Rehabilitation & Maintenance Mgmt Support
Land Rehabilitation & Maintenance Mgmt Support - Fort Dix, NJ Research
Professional Position Yes
Posting Number 201700852AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional Number of Vacancies 1 Work Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range $47,000 - $53,000 Desired Start Date 12/18/2017 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 11/27/2017 Description of Work Unit
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
The incumbent will manage the Land Rehabilitation and Maintenance (LRAM) program to meet Sustainable Range Program (SRP) requirements and needs. Responsibilities will include coordinating all aspects of the LRAM program; Identify soil and water conservation measures to repair land disturbed by military training; maintain trails, training areas and harden sites; execute damage inspections of training lands; identify and maintain an inventory of areas requiring maintenance or rehabilitation and recommended method of repair; plan and implement rehabilitation and maintenance projects and monitor the effectiveness of various treatment methodologies; monitor project areas and provide technical guidance to work crews; coordinate access to military training lands with Range Control to prioritize activities without affecting military training; select and prioritize LRAM projects for the web-based ITAM WorkPlan in response to data calls from headquarters. and create and complete project scopes of work. Work will be done under supervision though the incumbent will typically work independently and will work with others collaboratively.
This position is located at Fort Dix in New Jersey
Required Job Qualifications
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- A BA/BS degree in natural resources, soil science, land conservation, forestry, horticulture, or related applied science is required. At least one year professional work experience in land rehabilitation.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Experience in the following are desired but not required:
- MA/MS in restoration of disturbed soils, vegetation, and habitats or related areas of applied land restorations/rehabilitation
- Experience identifying land rehabilitation issues and development and implementation of erosion and run-off control and soil stabilization plans, riparian restoration plans, and fire restoration plans
- Experience monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on disturbance and success of rehabilitation projects (especially in the Northeast US)
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental regulations
- Experience working on military lands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with database and word processing
- Familiarity with GPS and GIS programs
- Ability to work independently, highly self-sufficient, self-motivated and focused
•Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category LRAM Management Support Duty/Responsibility
Manage the LRAM program to meet SRP requirements and needs by coordinating all aspects of the LRAM program for the purpose of benefitting of the installation and the program and improvement of land quality and a safe training environment through the following:
• Maintain geodatabase of all projects
• Identify and program new projects
• Utilize best management practices for the state of New Jersey/Northeast
• Work with others to identify projects
• Contribute to the ITAM Work Plan
• Develop budgets and document expenses
• Produce monthly and annual reports documenting past, current, and future projects
Percentage Of Time 80% Job Duty Category GPS data collection and correction Duty/Responsibility
• Collect data
• Post process data for submeter accuracy
• Integrate data into geodatabase
• Provide metadata and ensure data standards are met
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category GIS Duty/Responsibility
• Have working knowledge of ArcGIS program
• Develop shape files of projects
• Develop maps for reports
• Create metadata
• Maintain a geodatabase
Percentage Of Time 10% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than November 27, 2017, for full consideration. Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (one page letter addressing each qualification described in announcement)
3) Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications)
4) Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded) uploaded in the ‘Other’ slot.
References – please include within your application contact information for 3 professional references including at least one supervisor. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License Search Contact Sabrina Broderick, WCNR_HR@mail.colostate.edu EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3 Maximum Requested 3 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please affirm your knowledge that this position is physically located in Fort Dix, NJ.
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Official Transcripts