Admissions Counselor - Transfer Center
Admissions Counselor - Transfer Center Research
Professional Position No
Posting Number 201700905AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional Number of Vacancies 1 Work Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range 35,000 Desired Start Date 01/08/2018 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 11/27/2017 Description of Work Unit
Admissions is charged with leading undergraduate recruitment and outreach efforts for the entire university, as well as making decisions on all undergraduate applications, and processing graduate applications. This complex office of over 60 staff recruits actively around the state of Colorado and travels from coast to coast to interact with an annual prospect pool of over 60,000 students each year, and manages over 30,000 applications per year including 4,700 transfer applications. Through innovative and strategic approaches, Admissions strives to balance its growth in attracting an increasingly diverse and well-prepared student body while still remaining true to its land-grant mission and heritage. Colorado State was the first public institution west of the Mississippi with membership in the Common Application Organization, and employs a holistic, comprehensive review process to select new undergraduates not only in light of their preparation, but their potential to successfully contribute to the campus community.
This position supports Admissions’ recruitment efforts through managing in-state and out-of-state recruitment territories; conducting information sessions; representing Admissions at recruiting and outreach events in-state and out-of-state; counseling prospective students; and reviewing applications for admission. This key member of the Office of Admissions will provide services to transfer students before and during the admissions/enrollment process, establish productive and collaborative relationships with two-year college faculty and advisors, and liaison with Colorado State University departments and programs to connect students to on-campus resources. This is a twelve-month, full-time permanent position with some travel and evening/weekend commitments.
Required Job Qualifications
- A bachelor degree in the liberal arts, sciences, engineering, business, arts, agricultural sciences, or a related field
- One year of demonstrated leadership and or professional experience working with high school or college students (experience gained while working as a college student will be considered.)
- One year of customer service experience
- Demonstrated experience giving presentations to groups of various sizes
- Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcome
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- A master’s degree in Higher Education or a related field
- Previous experience in a community college admissions or advising setting
- Previous financial aid or scholarship selection experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish
- A strong understanding of the Land Grant Mission of Colorado State University
•Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcomes.
Job Duty Category Admissions Counseling Duty/Responsibility
- Counsel prospective transfer applicants and their families as they seek to learn about CSU. This will include responding to in-person, phone and email admissions inquiries; hosting on-campus information sessions; and holding consistent office hours on community college campuses.
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Recruiting and Outreach Duty/Responsibility
- Manage a Colorado and out-of-state recruitment territory. This requires recruitment travel (primarily in state) representing CSU at college fairs and on-site at community colleges, which may mean irregular work hours, including nights and weekends. Must maintain a valid driver’s license or access to a licensed driver.
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category Admissions Decisions Duty/Responsibility
- Serve as a member of the Admissions Application Review Committee responsible for rendering admission decisions on domestic undergraduate applications to the University.
Percentage Of Time 15% Job Duty Category Program & Event Support Duty/Responsibility
- Assist with outreach and recruitment programs such as visit days for prospective students, spring admitted student activities, application workshops, and transfer information sessions.
Percentage Of Time 15% Job Duty Category Other Responsibilities Duty/Responsibility
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as appropriate, including serving as liaison with the Bridges to Baccalaureate program
Percentage Of Time 10% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by 11/27/2017, 11:59 pm (MT) with a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License, Shift Work - some evenings and weekends, Travel Search Contact Susan Lucero, email@example.com EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3 Maximum Requested 3 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a bachelor degree in the liberal arts, sciences, engineering, business, agricultural sciences, or a related field?
- Do you have one year of demonstrated leadership and or professional experience working with high school or college students (experience gained while working as a college student will be considered.)?
- Do you have one year of customer service experience?
- Do you have demonstrated experience giving presentations to groups of various sizes?
- Do you have a personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by participation in trainings, persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcome?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license, or have access to a licensed driver, by the employment start date?
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter