Stormwater Compliance Specialist
2 days left
- Full Time
Stormwater Compliance Specialist - Schofield Barracks, HI Research
Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201700911AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional Number of Vacancies 2 Work Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range $52,000 – $62,000 Desired Start Date 12/18/2017 Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 11/26/2017
Description of Work Unit
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at CSU. CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DOD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
The Stormwater Compliance Specialist is responsible for managing stormwater permits and monitoring for compliance with the Clean Water Act.
Assists in conducting construction site run-off control reviews to determine compliance for construction sites located on Army installations. Work shall include review of permit applications, project review, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) review, site inspections, training, outreach, and review of Best Management Practices (BMPs). Update all construction site run-off control related databases. Update the annual Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP) report to include construction site compliance results.
Assist in developing post-construction storm water management requirements for new development and re-development projects. Work shall include recommendations for Low Impact Development (LID) strategies and other BMPs. Update the annual SWMP report to include potential LID projects.
Assist with collecting information concerning installation maintenance of the storm water system. Work shall include site inspections and coordinating with DPW Operation and Maintenance staff to evaluate problem areas. Update the annual SWMP report to include inspected/maintained areas and frequencies.
Assist in submission of renewal application for Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permits to the City and County of Honolulu, scan permit application and permit, and update wastewater data management system. Task to be completed before permits expire or before December of the calendar year.
Assist in the development and implementation of the Army’s public education, outreach, and participation program for storm water/wastewater. Develop and present general information about the USAG-HI SWMP to a variety of audiences such as elementary school students, DPW staff and contractors; and tracking the public outreach activities and develop strategy to determine effectiveness.
Required Job Qualifications
- Applicants must have a BS or BA degree in earth sciences, environmental sciences, hydrology or a related field plus 3 years of relevant experience related to environmental compliance programs to include Clean Water Act, Wastewater Discharge, and NPDES permitting, plus knowledge of best management practices as they relate to stormwater compliance.
- Experience performing environmental audits and inspections is also required.
- Applicants must have knowledge of and experience with state and federal regulations regarding the Clean Water Act and Wastewater programs, compliance, and permitting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience writing, reviewing, updating Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP) report, and Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Desired qualifications include erosion and sediment control certification, knowledge and experience with Low Impact Development (LID) strategies.
- Experience responding to spills to evaluate conditions, obtain samples and report to regulatory agencies.
- Experience developing and presenting educational materials and presentations in support of environmental public outreach programs.
- Work experience with personal computers and standard office software.
- Experience working in a highly structured organization and knowledge of Army directives, guidance, environmental regulations and processes.
•Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Compliance Management Duty/Responsibility
The successful candidate will apply technical knowledge to inform the
Stormwater Programs of the U.S. Army at Schofield Barracks. He or she will be expected to:
• Evaluate the efficiency of all aspects of the Stormwater Compliance Program and make independent recommendation for improvement or correction.
• Prepare and update Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and the annual Storm Water Management Plan.
• Identify and implement corrective measures to reduce pollutants emitted to water, or land from the installation and operations.
• Develop post-construction storm water management requirements for new development.
• Prepare and submit permit renewals to City and County of Honolulu.
• Respond to waste water spills to evaluate situations and establish boundaries and containment and report to the State of Hawaii department of Health when necessary.
Percentage Of Time 70% Job Duty Category Communication Duty/Responsibility
• Write technical reports and document site visit activities, challenges identified, and recommendations for improvement.
• Communicate with all levels of management and workers to provide support to stormwater programs.
• Prepare and give briefings on compliance issues as well as recommendations for improvement to Garrison Command.
• Submit leave requests/reports, track training/certification requirements.
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category Construction Site Run-Off Control Duty/Responsibility
• Conduct construction site run-off control reviews to determine compliance for work sites. Review permit applications and project specifications, provide training and review of Best Management Practices. Maintain construction site run off control related databases.
Percentage Of Time 10% Job Duty Category Inspections Duty/Responsibility
Perform construction site run-off control inspections to determine compliance for work sites, recommend implementation of Best Management Practices and improvements to prevent storm water impacts.
Percentage Of Time 10% Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than November 26, 2017, for full consideration. Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birthdates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (one page letter addressing each qualification described in announcement)
3) Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications)
4) Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded) uploaded in the ‘Other’ slot.
References – please include within your application contact information for 3 professional references including at least one supervisor. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License, Special Requirements/Other - • Candidate must be able to comply with all applicable regulations to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC). Furthermore, candidates are required at a minimum to complete a NACI/SF85 and successfully pass a federal background check to remain eligible for empl Search Contact Sabrina Broderick, WCNR_HR@mail.colostate.edu EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3 Maximum Requested 3 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This positon will be located at Schofield Barracks, HI, please affirm your knowledge that work will be performed at that work location.
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Official Transcripts