Admin Assistant III
Administrative and Communication Support
Close Date 11/20/2017 Salary $3,458 - $3,542 Monthly + Full Benefits Full/Part Time Full-time State Classified Hourly No Overtime Eligible Position Location Fort Collins, CO 80523
Description of Work Unit
The Vice President Office of Engagement at CSU Fort Collins collaborates with people and communities to create partnerships and shared solutions through education, research, and leadership. Office of Engagement units and programs include CSU Extension, CSU Online, the Colorado Water Institute, the Office of Community and Economic Development, and the Regional Engagement Hubs.
The Administrative Assistant to the Director of the CSU Hubs is an administrative level position working to manage the administrative and day to day operations of the CSU Hubs and the Community and Economic Development Office under the direction of the Director of the Hubs. The administrative professional must exercise initiative, excellent judgment, and professionalism. Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail are a must. Due to the high visibility, this position requires advanced customer service skills, a high level of organization, and a welcoming office presence.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Three full-time years ( 36 months) of general clerical experience.
Substitutions Preferred Qualifications
Highly sought applicants will have many of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated prior written professional communication skills.
- Prior experience with Kuali Financial System
- Demonstrated basic graphic skills (Publisher, Adobe suite).
- Demonstrated basic social media skills.
- Strong project and event-planning, administrative and organizational skills, and demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a wide range of people, in a consistently welcoming and positive manner.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Evidence of drive and initiative. Must be a self-starter.
- Marketing/Engagement experience, including social media.
- Professional experience with, or knowledge of, Extension, Engagement, and the land-grant university system.
- Understanding of community, workforce and/or economic development principles and these cultures across Colorado.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Coordination and Organization Duty/Responsibility
- Schedule meetings and manage director’s calendar
- Assist in preparation for meetings, take notes in meetings, and manage follow-up from the meeting
- Coordinate, implement, and track special projects as assigned by the Director
- Coordinate details for events and CSU tours
- Monitor economic, community, and workforce trends in Colorado
- Under direction of the Director, serve as coordinator/liaison for future Engagement Advisory Boards, including preparing agendas and support materials/presentations; arranging meetings held throughout Colorado.
- Using the Kuali Financial System, create documents such as travel authorizations, reimbursements, car reservations, disbursement vouchers, and internal orders for the director
- Manage all travel arrangements including purchasing conference registrations with a PCard, making hotel reservations, etc. for the Director
- Other duties as assigned
Percentage Of Time 65 Job Duty Category Communication Duty/Responsibility
- Responsible for the production of various internal and external communication and correspondence
- Update posts to CED website, coordinate and manage social media posts and communications in alignment with communications plan, support creation of digital and print collateral for marketing, messaging, surveys, evaluations and community engagement
- Manage multiple requests; communicate regularly with and respond to hubs directors, community stakeholders, CSU Extension, partners and others who contact the CED Office
- Manage external communications and route requests for information about office and hubs
Percentage Of Time 30 Job Duty Category Supervision Duty/Responsibility
Responsible for the hiring, training, evaluation, and ongoing supervision of a student staff member in the Extension Administration office
Percentage Of Time 5 Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires) EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you willing and able to submit to a pre-employment background check that may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history as a condition of hire?
- * Strong written communication is a highly desired skill-set for this position. We would like to see examples of your written communication including any websites, brochures, blog sites, or any other samples which you have written and/or edited. If you have samples of this kind, please attach them in the documents section of this application.
- I do have samples of my written work and will attach them with this application
- I do not have samples of my written work to submit, but would still like to be considered for this position
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Veteran DD214 Form (Member-4) (For State Classified searches ONLY)
- Writing Samples