1 day left
- Full Time
Management Accounting Unit
USP is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. We are looking for a brilliant, dynamic and qualified candidate to fill in the position of Manager Accounting who will be a figurehead and mentor for our highly committed team and will report to our Executive Director Finance.
The appointee will have overall responsibility for the accurate and timely delivery of financial and management accounting services to all 14 of our campuses in the twelve member countries; providing great financial reports to senior management, governance and statutory bodies; managing cash requirements during our current period of significant growth; liaising and consulting with stakeholders to identify expectations and accounting priorities; analysing our accounting policies and procedures to achieve legislative compliance, improved client service and greater efficiency; and contributing brilliant ideas and great energy to achieve the strategic objectives of the University and the Finance section.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Post Graduate or Master’s qualification in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognised University with at least 7 years’ experience in a senior financial management position in a large and complex organisation OR a good finance related degree with a CPA certification and 10 -15 year’s relevant experience;
- Top quality, inspirational leadership skills;
- Strong staff mentoring, appraisal and development skills;
- Experience in monitoring work performance;
- A proven track record in managing multiple projects and developments;
- A strong commitment to effective financial control;
- Expert knowledge of accounting systems and the ability to develop complex spreadsheets;
- High standards of personal integrity and a good grasp of business ethics.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Full membership of a relevant professional accounting body;
- Management Experience in a higher education setting;
- Demonstrate evidence of vast knowledge of the financial management context within which the University operates;
- IFRS knowledge.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: The University will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful applicant. (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Lusiani Biukoto; tel.: (679) 32 32797; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 19 November 2017
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.