OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR AND PRESIDENT
Development, Marketing, Communications and Alumni
The Development, Marketing, Communications and Alumni Section within the Vice-Chancellor’s Office is looking for a highly qualified individual for the position of Manager Marketing. The appointee will report to the Director of Development, Marketing, Communications and Alumni and provide support to him/her in accomplishing the marketing and alumni accountabilities for the University. The core responsibilities of the position are development/implementation of marketing strategies and annual marketing plans which serve the changing dynamics of the University and create opportunities for future growth of student enrolment. The position has supervisory responsibilities and the incumbent will be required to work very closely other Managers and senior staff within the Development, Marketing, Communications and Alumni Section as well as those across the University in a collaborative manner.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Postgraduate qualification in Marketing/Public Relations or relevant field OR an equivalent combination of relevant experience and /or education/training;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in marketing, public relations and alumni, preferably in a higher education environment;
- Knowledge of higher education administration, alumni relations, marketing, project management, budget and staff management requirement;
- Familiarity with business computing, websites and electronic presentation media;
- Experience with Press-production processes and knowledge of social media networking tools.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in managing projects and events and preparation of budgets;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods and best practices;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with management information systems (MIS);
- Knowledge of the Pacific region;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; and
- A high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Band 2 FJ $48, 388 to FJ $58, 066 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme. Educational opportunities are also provided for the appointee’s family to study at the University of the South Pacific at a substantial discount.
Enquiries: Ms. Shirley Lal; tel.: (679) 32 32148; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 20 November 2017
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.