Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer in Education
FACULTY OF ARTS, LAW & EDUCATION
School of Education
Recruiting for Excellence
The University of the South Pacific is one of the only two regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The University recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage research and publications output.
The School of Education at the University of the South Pacific is the largest and premier provider of teacher education in the Pacific region. It prepares early childhood, primary, secondary and tertiary teachers, and also provides ongoing professional development programmes for in-service teachers and educational leaders. The School is entering a new and exciting phase of development and is seeking experienced and dynamic individuals to strengthen our activities in the regional campuses.
The appointee will be required to:
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Education at the Tonga Campus,
- Conduct research and consultancies in Education and related areas,
- Organise staff development workshops and provide academic leadership,
- Supervise postgraduate projects and thesis students,
- Lead awareness and staff development activities in schools and school communities,
- Strengthen the activities of the School of Education at the Campus.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Education;
- Relevant teaching experience at secondary and/or tertiary levels and teacher education experience and research publications;
- Experience in the supervision of research students.
- For appointment at the Lecturer level, applicants must also have relevant tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and/or formal tertiary teaching qualifications.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Knowledge and experience in teacher education, distance education, and IT integration;
- A good research and publications record;
- Self-motivated, a team player, commitment to the organisation, are essential for this position;
- Working knowledge of the South Pacific region.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Assistant Lecturer TOP $58,993 to TOP $70,280 per annum
Lecturer TOP $72,922 to TOP $95,951 per annum
Enquiries: Professor Govinda Lingam, tel.: (679) 32 32311; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 26 November 2017
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.