Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Cybersecurity
FACULTY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
School of Computing Science, Information and Mathematical Sciences
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage research and publications output.
We have 14 campuses across 33 million square kilometers of ocean. The USP is owned and supported by 12 Pacific Island countries. We are committed to leaving a lasting legacy for all of these countries by developing their leaders of tomorrow. With a six-year strategic plan we have significant ambitions for the future and we need great talents and personalities to achieve them. The USP provides support for cutting edge research and innovations and has good ICT facilities and satellite links to most countries in the Region. USP offers programmes through distance and flexible learning in a variety of modes and technologies throughout USP’s 14 campuses.
The School of Computing, Information and Mathematical Sciences (SCIMS) is one of the largest schools in the University of the South Pacific and is sufficiently resourced to pursue excellence in teaching and research. The School offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Computing Science, Information Systems and Mathematics. The School also offers two professional programmes in Computing Science: Bachelor of Networks and Security and Bachelor of Software Engineering. These programmes are accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
From this year the School is offering a new Postgraduate Diploma in Cybersecurity. With the growth of computing science programmes, the School is searching for Faculty staff that can join the existing, dynamic team and take the School forward in the area of Cybersecurity.
The appointee will be required to teach courses at all levels and on a range of standard topics in the area of Cybersecurity as well as to conduct research and engage in consultancies. She/he will supervise postgraduate students, provide academic leadership and will also be expected to teach evening sessions.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or a closely related discipline with a specialisation in cybersecurity, information security or network security;
- Substantial and relevant teaching experience;
- Experience in curriculum development;
- Ability and willingness to teach at all levels; (undergraduate and postgraduate);
- Experience in postgraduate supervision and demonstrated ability and competence in research.
For appointment at the Associate Professor level applicants must also have:
- Demonstrated ability and competence in research and the ability to lead a research team;
- Ability and experience to take up a major role in the development and leadership of teaching or practice in Cybersecurity;
- Ability to participate in and contribute towards research and development in the area of Cybersecurity;
- Demonstrate a record of scholarly and professional achievement in Cybersecurity.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in innovation and entrepreneurship informed teaching,
- Distance and flexible learning,
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching in a multicultural environment,
- Significant experience in the area of Cybersecurity will be a distinct advantage.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Senior Lecturer FJ $90 882 to FJ $104 865 per annum
Associate Professor FJ $111 229 to FJ $125 133 per annum
The University may pay an inducement allowance to secure the services of an exceptionally well qualified candidate.
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Dr. M.G.M. Khan, Acting Head of School; tel.: (679) 32 32507; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 26 November 2017
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.