Job number SUPP103687
Division/School IT Services
Contract type Open ended contract staff
Working pattern Full time
Closing date for applications 03-Dec-2017
The University IT Services division is seeking to recruit a Systems Developer on an open-ended basis (currently with fixed funding).
The role holder will provide operational support for and improvements to a number of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) corporate services including the University Student Records System (SITS). They will also provide support for and diagnose issues with in-house developed services, mostly developed using Java web technologies, and play an important role in taking on support for new services as they transition into service.
Technical knowledge and experience required includes (please also refer to the attached Job Description):
- Experience of supporting applications on Windows and Unix platforms
- Experience of developing and supporting applications using Java web technologies
- Experience of Unix shell scripting
- Experience of supporting applications using Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Broad technical knowledge and the willingness to learn new skills as required
- Experience of working with non-technical users
- Knowledge of ITIL
It is expected that interviews will be held week commencing 11th December 2017.
For informal enquiries please contact Simon King (Simon.King@bristol.ac.uk)
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.