Senior Teaching Associate / Teaching Fellow in Biochemistry
Senior Teaching Associate / Teaching Fellow in Biochemistry (Maternity cover)
Job number ACAD102974
Division/School School of Biochemistry
Contract type Fixed term contract staff
Working pattern Full time
Salary £36,613 - £41,212 per annum (Grade J) £42,418 - £47,722 per annum (Grade K)
Closing date for applications 19-Nov-2017
The University of Bristol’s School of Biochemistry is seeking to recruit a full time Teaching Fellow. You will be an energetic, committed teacher who is dedicated to bringing out the best in students and to instilling their love of the subject in them. You will be joining a School with an excellent reputation for its teaching provision. In the most recent National Student Survey (NSS), students studying a BSc in Biochemistry reported a 96% overall satisfaction rate.
You will teach the new Biochemistry MSci Research Training Unit as well as running practical classes and tutorials (small and large group) across undergraduate biochemistry using innovative teaching methods and material, including e-learning. The School is at the forefront of eLearning initiatives through the development of eBiolabs, a Dynamic Laboratory Manual that supports laboratory and tutorial-based learning.
This post is a fixed term maternity cover post and is available from January 2018 until the end of August 2018, when the post holder returns.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 30th November. Candidates invited to interview will be asked to undertake the following tasks:
- Candidates will be asked to make a 10 min presentation explaining a given biochemical topic at a level suitable for an MSci student.
- Candidates will be expected to answer questions on the presentation.
For informal enquiries please contact Professor Nigel Savery, N.J.Savery@bristol.ac.uk, 0117 33 12160 or Professor Kate Nobes, Head of School, email@example.com, 0117 33 12164
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 19 November 2017.
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Life sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Chemistry Teaching Fellowships jobs in Bristol (City Centre)