Lecturer in Strategic Studies/Contemporary Military Operations
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $96,087 - $109,181 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funded)
- Work with Australia's highest leading University-affiliated think tank, the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
- Work with the award winning Military and Defence Studies program, at the Australian Command and Staff College
- Standard teaching load of two courses per year (or equivalent)
The ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
Based at the College of Asia and the Pacific and within the highly regarded Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre (SDSC) is Australia's highest ranked and largest concentration of scholars working on strategic and defence issues.
The Lecturers in Strategic Studies and/or Contemporary Military Operations will deliver a major contribution to the SDSC's educational programs, particularly its Military and Defence Studies program. This graduate program is delivered by SDSC to mid-level military officers attending the Australian Command and Staff College (ACSC), where the Lecturers will primarily be based.
We are looking to appoint outstanding scholars with particular research and teaching expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Australian Defence Policy
- Strategic Studies
- Strategic Theory / Concepts
- Contemporary Military Theory / Operations
- Nuclear strategy
- Theory and practice of air / maritime operations
- Military History / War Studies
- Insurgency and Counter-Insurgency
Experience in a regional language would be desirable.
As part of our ongoing efforts to rectify historical gender imbalances in the field of Strategic Studies, we are particularly keen to encourage highly-qualified female applicants.
Closing date: 3 December 2017
Position description: SDSC Level B 2017.pdf
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.