The Social and Economic Survey Research Institute
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The Social and Economic Survey Research Institute (SESRI), with a research and an educational mission, has been established at Qatar University to conduct high-quality survey research of current and future social and economic issues. SESRI is an initiative of Qatar University, in association with the Institute for Social Research (ISR ) at the University of Michigan. Founded in 1977, Qatar University (http://www.qu.edu.qa/) is the national university of the state of Qatar, an established and dynamic institution dedicated to academic and research excellence. Established in 1948, the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research (http://www.isr.umich.edu/) is among the world’s oldest academic survey research organizations, and a world leader in the development and application of social science methodology.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position will provide frontline support to SESRI interviewers/surveyors and personnel. In addition to providing assistance to the Data Collection Specialist, the position holder will ensure that calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately and that PCs and associated peripherals and software are installed and configured as needed.
- Testing and programming all type of surveys (web, CATI, CAPI) using Blaise software
- Undertaking quality assurance of programmed surveys
- Monitoring closely the data collection
- Communicating any issues to the line supervisor and working on resolving issues creatively
- Working in coordination with Research Assistant and Project Managers
- Preparing activity reports
- Performing other tasks as needed
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.