Senior Lecturer in Midwifery
- Our School has developed strong global partnerships to facilitate teaching, learning and research opportunities for students and staff.
- Part time (80%), continuing role based at the Melbourne Bundoora campus $111,162 -$128,175 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
In this pivotal role, you will:
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, and postgraduate students
- Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and produce highly cited publications resulting from that research
- Contribute to the building of a robust and ambitious research culture within La Trobe
- Supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR), and postgraduate students
Skills & Experience
You will possess experience within the health care sector, have registration as a Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession.
Your demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching coupled with strong leadership capability will see you succeed in this role.
A Record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact is required to be considered.
How to Apply
Closing date: 30th of November
Position Enquiries: Helen McLachlan 94795955
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.