Events and Industry Liaison Coordinator
Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Opportunity to assist, coordinate and execute school events
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full-time continuing,remuneration package: $84Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Events and Industry Liaison Coordinator performs day to day tasks associated with the provision of event coordination and industry engagement for the Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning. The role relies upon discreet event management, industry relation and administration support to one or more projects at any given time. It provides administrative support for the implementation of programs and events to support the School's industry, alumni and student engagement initiatives.
In this position, you will:
- assist, coordinate and execute events aiming to achieve strategic and reputational objectives
- liaise with all relevant external stakeholders including contractors, caterers etc. to ensure smooth execution
- build and manage internship and industry stakeholders relationships
- provide support and coordination of student internships
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for an Events and Industry Liaison Coordinator who possesses:
- degree qualification in a related field and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- experience in events and project coordination and administration
- excellent administrative skills, coupled with a general understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies
- effective management of a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex projects
The Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning has an internationally recognised tradition of education and research. Many former students now hold senior professional and academic posts in Australia and around the world. It is an exciting time, as staff and students work together on the frontiers of knowledge and professional practice in architecture and other fields of the built and designed environments.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm 21 November 2017.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.