Senior Lecturer in Exercise Science
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $111,162 - $128,175 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Allied Health comprises the Department of Community and Clinical Allied Health and the Department of Rehabilitation, Sport and Nutrition. The Sport and Exercise Science discipline is undergoing considerable growth and is aligned with the La Trobe University Research Focus Area of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation.
About the position
This position will contribute to the development and delivery of the Bachelor of Exercise Science and is expected to develop curriculum, teach and/or undertake research and/or scholarly work relevant to the development of the discipline or professional field. Make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level, and provide leadership and mentoring to others in subject or course level curriculum design and development as well as the delivery of teaching.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Strong record of research publications, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 10 December 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Matthew Oates, +61 3 9479 1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.