Program Convenor in Accounting
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, English language training and settlement services, creative media education, workforce education and student recruitment.
Introduction to the role
The Program Convenor is responsible for providing academic leadership and oversight of WSU-SCC programs in the discipline of Accounting. This includes planning for each session, assisting to efficiently and effectively manage the delivery of teaching and learning in relevant degrees, managing casual teaching staff and engaging with Western Sydney University academic staff on quality assurance and benchmarking.
It also includes teaching and the provision of student academic advice and staff management.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in teaching at tertiary level in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to the development of scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in unit and staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to engage students in learning activities.
- Proven effective high level communication, interpersonal, computer and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership in teaching
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please forward an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter to Dr John McGuire, WSU-SCC Academic Director at J.McGuire@city.westernsydney.edu.au.
Applications close COB Friday 24 November 2017.
Successful applicants require working rights in Australia, and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a National Police Check and/or a Working with Children Check.
Navitas strives to be a workplace that promotes diversity, flexibility and equal employment. As such, we invite experienced candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.