Marketing Communications Assistant
Marketing and Communications
- Opportunity to provide marketing and communications services in support of Faculty student recruitment, alumni and development and external outreach objectives
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time continuing, remuneration package: $84Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Marketing Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting with execution of collateral, campaigns, content for the website and other communications channels including social media, and other relevant profile raising activities for Faculties in the Divisions of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
In this position, you will:
- assist in implementing marketing and communications initiatives in support of the Faculties’ reputation, student recruitment, alumni and development and external outreach objectives
- assist with creating communications using different channels including newsletters,email, social media and web
- assist with updating marketing content on relevant Faculty websites
- provide administrative and project support for marketing and communications activities and campaigns.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Marketing Communications Assistant who possesses:
- degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related discipline or demonstrated equivalent relevant professional experience
- demonstrated ability to write high quality communications and to tailor writing style for different audiences
- experience editing copy written by others to ensure a publication, print or online, is of a standard that meets editorial requirements and objectives
- experience using social and digital media to reach and engage target audiences.
Marketing and Communications is a professional service unit responsible for communicating the University’s values and messages in ways that target audiences – including prospective students, current students, staff, alumni, donors and external influencers – notice and understand, and which prompt them to action.
The Unit is comprised of Marketing and Communications teams working with the Faculties; a ‘whole-of-University’ marketing team; a media and public relations team; and internal ‘creative agency’ teams providing brand and marketing services and web and digital development.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm 21 November 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.