Juris Doctor Program Officer
University of Sydney Law School
- Develop and implement activities and approaches in order to improve student support and engagement
- Provide advice and support to maintain the success of the Sydney JD and the highest quality student experience
- Full time continuing, Camperdown/Darlington Campus, $106K p.a. (incl leave loading and 17% super)
About the opportunity
The Sydney Juris Doctor offers students a world-class legal education that equips graduates with the knowledge and skills to operate in a global legal environment and creates a pathway for international legal practice.
The JD Program Officer provides advice and support to the Law School’s Executive, academic staff, students and other stakeholders to ensure the success of the JD program and the highest quality student experience. The role holder will be required to identify and develop activities and approaches in order to improve student support and engagement, and ensure that the Sydney JD program is able to attract the brightest and best students in an increasingly competitive global market.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. The successful candidate will have experience of:
- providing professional, student-focused administrative support with a sound knowledge of rules and procedures, ideally for a professional degree program
- developing and implementing a wide range of activities and initiatives to strengthen student experience and student engagement
- providing planning and policy advice to support academic program design and development.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 20 November 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.