Lecturer in Mental Health
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences
- CQUniversity Cairns or Townsville
- Total Remuneration $109, 599 to $130,150 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $92,886 to $110,303 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Your New Division / School:
With one of the largest and fastest-growing footprints of any university in the country, CQUniversity Australia is on a phenomenal trajectory, with strong growth in student numbers, courses, campuses and accolades. We focus on engaged and innovative education to benefit students, industry and communities. With health programs at the fore front of the University’s core business, courses are structured to meet the ever increasing needs of our communities here in Australia.
Your New Role:
As the Lecturer in Mental Health your role will;
- Make contributions to the teaching effort of the School and carry out activities to maintain and develop your scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline
- Perform assigned teaching duties with students on and off campus with a standard of planning, preparation, presentation and assessment as necessary for students to achieve unit and course objectives.
You Will Be:
- Able to have intellectual and robust discussions, continual education, professional development and idea exchange.
- Continuously improving and exploring new ways to do their job successfully.
- Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application for this Vacancy, please provide evidence of the following qualifications;
- Possession of an undergraduate nursing degree as well as a Masters qualification with a minimum three years recent post registration mental health nursing clinical experience.
- Registered as a Nurse (Division 1) in Australia, evidence of meeting NMBA Recency of Practice registration standards (AHPRA).
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching / Education.
- Understanding of current professional and educational issues in the domain.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or ability to successfully complete within 12 months of commencement.
- Relevant PhD or working towards a PhD, or equivalent in a relevant discipline area (desirable).
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32196
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Monday 20th November 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.