Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
2 days left
- Full Time
School of Health
- Continuing, full-time
- $114,074to $131,360 per annum (Level C)
- Plus 17% employer superannuation.Salary packaging options are available.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Applicants must have ongoing full time work rights
The University of New England in Armidale, Australia, is a unique university. It is in the enviable position of boasting an excellent international reputation as well as being a leader in research and academic innovation. UNE is proud of its heritage and status as one of Australia’s oldest universities and we are committed to maintaining the tradition of distinction for which we are renowned.
The School of Health offers programs in nursing, health management, social work, counselling, mental health practice and other health related fields. The School is committed to building expertise to strengthen its profile in research, consultancy and links with health services.
About the Role
The Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing will be responsible for providing leadership in academic activities and will demonstrate a high level of commitment to leadership in teaching, scholarship and research in the discipline of nursing consistent with that of a senior academic appointment.
The successful applicant will
- be responsible for the development and delivery of mental health and mental health nursing content in undergraduate and postgraduateprograms in the School;
- ensure that the School offers a post graduate course that is accredited with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses;
- conduct and foster research which is aligned with the strategic direction of the school
- attract and supervise postgraduate research students; and
- attract research grant income, research students and foster collaborative links with community partners.
The successful applicant will also be expected to have a role in University-wide activities and to contribute to an ethos encouraging teaching, research, scholarship and community service of the highest order.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you’d expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquillity of the New England on a rural property.
To find out more, visit: www.armidaleregion.com.au/ and/or www.experiencethehighs.com.au/
To discuss this role please contact Professor Jane Conway email firstname.lastname@example.org find out more about the School of Health visit: http://www.une.edu.au/about-une/academic-schools/school-of-health
Closing Date: 23 November 2017
Reference No: 217211
To demonstrate your suitability for this role, please respond to the selection criteria in your application.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who currently possess the right to work in Australia commensurate to the term of this position.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.