Lecturer in Linguistics
School of Behavioural, Cognitive and Social Sciences
- Continuing, full-time
- $ 93,336 to $ 110,619 per annum (Level B)
- Plus 17% employer superannuation.Salary packaging options are available.
- Relocation assistance provided
The University of New England in Armidale, Australia is a unique university, in the enviable position of boasting an excellent international reputation as well as being a leader in research and academic innovation. We aim to foster a constructive and engaged culture where creative ideas and innovation thrive.
The Linguistics program within the School of Behavioural, Cognitive and Social Sciences at UNE has 6 full-time equivalent Academic staff members, several Adjunct Professors and a vibrant cohort of higher degree research students. It holds an ERA research rating of 3 (world standard) by the Australian Research Council. We offer both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Linguistics.
About the role
The discipline of Linguistics is seeking an enthusiastic and suitably qualified Academic to strengthen and expand the University’s research and teaching capacity. The area of expertise is General Linguistics, and the incumbent will be expected to teach in the applied linguistics program. The successful candidate will be expected to pursue an active research program in linguistics, supervise student research projects, fulfil relevant administrative requirements and work as part of the linguistics team in providing instruction to undergraduate and postgraduate units that are delivered in both online and face-to-face formats.
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- A PhD in General Linguistics
- A strong research profile in linguistics
- Demonstrated teaching ability
- The ability to teach into core descriptive subject areas like Phonetics, Phonology, Morphology and Syntax, as well as more Applied Linguistics subjects.
- The ability to supervise linguistics honours and higher degree research students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate and perform effectively within a team
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks within the discipline and the University.
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Dr Nick Reidphone +61 401807035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about the discipline, visit http://www.une.edu.au/about-une/academic-schools/bcss/study-areas/linguistics.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights. You might live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquillity of the New England on a rural property.
To find out more, visit: www.armidaleregion.com.au/ and/or www.experiencethehighs.com.au/
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Reference No: 217217
To demonstrate your suitability for this role, please respond to the selection criteria, contained in the position statement, in your application.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.