Manager, Library Planning & Administrative Services
- Full Time
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Manager, Library Planning and Administrative Services, is member of the Library Executive Team, reporting to the University Librarian. The role is responsible for a range of operational and planning support activities including: oversight of the Library’s quality framework and service delivery models, support for the Library's strategic planning and alignment efforts, assessment, coordination of process improvement activities, library staff skills development, line management of financial and budget support, support for library user engagement, internal library staff communications and other general administrative services.
Essential to the success in this role is a client focussed commitment to innovation and organisational improvement, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure support for the development and delivery of quality Library services and resources that align with the University’s key strategies.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and upload the response as a separate document during the online application process.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Library management, business administration and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated strategic planning, management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of designing, implementing and supporting staff development and cultural change programmes
- Experience and knowledge of project management methods (eg, Prince2) and business process methods (eg., LEAN). Successful leadership experience with staff applying these methods is preferred
- Working knowledge of trends and practices in relation to data driven assessment and user-centered design applied to process improvement in academic libraries
- Proven ability to build, motivate and manage high performing teams
- Extensive stakeholder management experience including developing relationships and evidence of effective negotiation and influencing skills
For further details on the role and responsibilities, please see the position description.
Appointment type: Full time, continuing position
Salary Package: From $115,570 to $122,061 (Hew 9), plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
Role Specific Enquiries: University Librarian JoAnne Sparks via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9850 7546
Applications Close: Wednesday, 22 November 2017 at 6pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system.