Senior Administrative Officer, Corporate Services
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Estate Management (EM) provides a range of services and advice to all Faculties and Divisions on all campuses (excluding Canberra). It does this by providing campus planning, infrastructure planning, development, construction, refurbishment, maintenance and environmental management. EM also provides a wide range of logistic and associated services to ensure a safe and secure campus environment.
About the role
- $90K - $97K per year (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Senior Administrative Officer provides a high level of administrative support and expertise to the Corporate Services Manager. The role supervises the daily operations of a team of administrative officers who are responsible for a range of complex administrative duties as well as specific projects as required by their assigned area of the business. The role provides administrative support to member(s) of the EM Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for the end-to-end on-boarding/induction process of all new EM employees. The role is expected to deal with all matters with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism. The role requires the development of strong relationships with EM Senior Leaderships team, senior managers, key members of EM service delivery teams and other members of the Corporate Services team.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of education, training and/or experience. Experience in the tertiary education or construction sector in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and provide leadership to administrative staff in a team based environment.
- Exceptional track record in delivering proactive, high quality executive and administrative support to staff in senior leadership roles.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to establish effective working relationships with demonstrated exceptional customer service skills at (all levels including) senior management level.
- Demonstrated ability to show leadership and initiative and recommend improvements to systems and processes; capacity and willingness to develop knowledge and understanding of advanced administrative processes Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and recommend improvements to systems and processes and capacity and willingness to develop knowledge and understanding of advanced administrative issues. Experience in project management as a team member would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail and internet supported by Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work to multiple, tight and conflicting deadlines and to prioritise accordingly.
To apply submit:
- A short cover letter;
- Systematically addressed Selection Criteria; and
- Your CV.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Manager, Corporate Services
Applications close: Tuesday, 21 November 2017