- Support the delivery of ACU’s strategic research initiatives
- Develop strong collaborative relationships to facilitate effective work outcomes
- Full-time continuing position at the North Sydney campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research (DVCR) portfolio is responsible for management of the University’s research strategy, policies, governance, organisational reporting, research-related committees, and research activity undertaken by the faculties, schools, and research Institutes. The Office of the DVCR collaborates with the faculties in implementing the strategic research direction of the University and provides the financial and administrative framework to support research excellence.
The Portfolio Coordinator provides dynamic support and advice to the Executive team and Research Executive Advisor. As such, you will be required to maintain awareness of internal and external research activity requirements and issues affecting research and the sector. Leading a small team, you will manage a range of administrative operations of the Office of the DVCR to support the delivery of organisational goals and associated reporting.
You will be responsible for:
- conducting benchmarking and other research activities to support and contribute to the strategic direction of the portfolio
- preparing advice and developing reports to support strategic projects
- manage and propose new initiatives and changes to contribute to the development of the portfolio.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- completion or progress towards a postgraduate qualification, with relevant experience and an understanding of the tertiary education sector
- an ability in written expression and experience in developing a range of professional reports
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- excellent communication skills and an ability to develop strong collaborative relationships across the portfolio and with stakeholders across ACU.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $110,551 - $123,597 pa, including salary component $93,417 - $104,441 pa Higher Education Worker Level 8, employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed Natalie Precians, Research Executive Advisor on 02 9739 2168.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 21 November 2017