Senior Manager, HongKong Macau and Taiwan Affairs, Global Engagement Office
1 day left
- Full Time
Closing Date: 20 November 2017
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 212, 000 to RMB 264,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The senior manager aiming at liaising HongKong Macau and Taiwan affairs for UNNC will take responsibility of two of the GEO major functions, namely, HongKong Macau and Taiwan affairs and close-loop of partnership development liaising with other GEO colleagues.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Arts, Education (or related discipline);
- Familiar with using MS Office, good oral and written English proficiency, report writing, formal documents creation;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and relationship management skills;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Proven advanced analytical and problem solving capability;
- At least 3 years of management experience on equivalent role in Chinese universities;
- Work and/or study experience in Hong Kong, Macau, and/or Taiwan areas;
- Ability to lead, coach, motivate and develop team to deliver consistent high quality service;
- Able to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Good communication skills at all levels;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or related discipline);
- Computer literate in creating formal documentations, making presentation for marketing and international engagements;
- More than 5 years of working experience in foreign countries is preferred;
- Excellent writing/reporting skills in both Chinese and English.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, this post for the first role managing HongKong Macau and Taiwan affairs within GEO will be responsible for:
- To discover new opportunities in HongKong Macau and Taiwan area re partnerships, students recruitment, government initiatives, students overseas learning/internships;
- To serve as UNNC point of contact for Ningbo, provincial, and national governments who will support and coordinate any government-university holding activities/events re HongKong Macau and Taiwan affairs such as Taiwan Ningbo Forum, HK Ningbo Forum and the like;
- To build and continuously improving relationship with students and staff from HongKong Macau and Taiwan regions on campus which may enhance future GE activities from HongKong Macau and Taiwan stakeholders;
- To organize HongKong Macau and Taiwan related events including institutional workshops, students’ gatherings,competitions, partnership forum, etc.;
- To support donors relations office and co-organizing mutually benefit activities/events re HongKong Macau and Taiwan areas;
- To explore opportunities for establishing overseas education programmes building on and in cooperation with HongKong Macau and Taiwan institutions’ strategic plans and resources;
- To receive and organizing visitation activities for HongKong Macau and Taiwan visitors;
- To create channels for effective communication and UNNC messages dissemination towards external stakeholders including hosting HongKong Macau and Taiwan focused academic conferences and symposiums;
- To draft required documents related to HongKong Macau and Taiwan affairs for external entities.
Strategic Partnerships Development with HongKong Macau and Taiwan Regions Focus
- To help accomplish UNNC global engagement goal for establishing a global partners network (GPN) with membership of at least ten partners in one year, and maintain high level international relations with external entities for exchange and/or R&T collaborations;
- To organise GE Office Committee meetings, preparing reports and keeping appropriate records, minutes;
- To be responsible to maintain links with global industry to create internship and employment opportunities for UG and PG students;
- To liaise with Research and Business Development Office, school and relevant offices for international scholars and scholarships-related issues and exploring new opportunities;
- To coordinate with international academic staff for assisting global engagement and market development tasks.
- To support the establishment of international scholars programme for UNNC.
- To help the associate provost (GE) coordinate with Finance office budget officers for managing records keeping of all accounts related to the GE office, and help monitor spending of all relevant accounts;
- Participate in training and staff development, as trainer or trainee as appropriate, to develop and foster relevant expertise and awareness for global engagement;
- Maintain a proactive and flexible approach to delivering work objectives and assisting other members in global engagement team as and when appropriate;
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and role.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to email@example.com