Chair in Finance
Queen’s University Belfast
Chair in Finance
Queen’s Management School
Queen’s Management School is one of the top Business Schools in the UK and Ireland and has been educating business professionals and leaders for more than forty years. The School has four departments – Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management. Queen’s Management School is ranked 1st amongst Russell Group business schools based on quality of teaching, academic rigour and student satisfaction noted in the NSS (National Student Survey) scores 2016.
The School is particularly keen to attract those with expertise in asset pricing, corporate finance, international finance, quantitative finance or financial economics. The post holder will undertake research and provide research leadership in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students.
They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must have:
- PhD in Finance (any specialisation) or related discipline.
- Recognised excellence and reputation in subject specialism.
- Sustained publication record of international excellence in field of specialisation.
- Record of securing external research funding.
- Expertise in any area of Finance expertise (although expertise in asset pricing, corporate finance, international finance, quantitative finance or financial economics is particularly welcome).
- Experience of teaching and assessment in Finance at University level.
- Evidence of ability to teach and assess courses in Finance at University level.
- Ability to contribute to successful, sustained postgraduate student supervision as primary supervisor normally at PhD level.
- Ability to contribute to executive education programmes.
- Substantial experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level in Higher Education.
- Contribution to a wider range of administrative tasks at a more strategic level.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the management of the School in general and the Finance research group in particular.
Full criteria can be found online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs.
Further information about the School can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/qms.
Informal enquires may be directed to Dr Declan French, email: email@example.com or telephone: 028 9097 4757 or Dr
Aine Gallagher, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 028 9097 4537.
Anticipated interview date: week commencing 22 January 2018
Salary scale: Salary will be determined in accordance with the appropriate Professorial ranges as applied within the University.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 4 December 2017
Saxton Bampfylde Ltd is acting as an employment agency advisor on this appointment. Candidates should apply for this role through our website at www.saxbam.com/jobs using the code below. Click on the ‘apply’ button and follow the instructions to upload a CV and cover letter, and complete the application and equal opportunities monitoring form*.
If you are unable to apply through the website, please email Lydia.Stanton@saxbam.com quoting the reference WQBP.
* The equal opportunities monitoring online form will not be shared with anyone involved in assessing your application. Please complete as part of the application process.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as people with disabilities and females are currently under-represented within the Professoriate, it would particularly welcome applications from these groups.