Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science
- ECU SECURITY RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $95,979 - $113,978 (ALEVB)
- FULL TIME, 3 YEAR FIXED TERM
Edith Cowan University’s (ECU) School of Science has Australia’s largest university based research and teaching cyber security science program. With over a decade of experience in providing complete Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral degrees in cyber security.
Building upon our international recognition as a leader in cyber security research and teaching, ECU established the ECU Security Research Institute (ECUSRI) with purpose built world class cyber security research and training facilities. ECUSRI are now looking to further build their team by offering new post-doctoral research positions and invite outstanding applicants wishing to join a dynamic research environment based at our beautiful Joondalup campus to apply.
You will be part of the ECU-SRI research team lead by Professor Craig Valli.
ECU-SRI is seeking applicants with:
- A PhD in digital forensics, cyber security or related area
- A good research publication track record.
- Research experience in computer science, cyber security, digital forensics or critical infrastructure security
- Ability/interest to (co) supervise students up to Doctoral Level.
- Interest in working on problems in the areas of Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or Critical Infrastructure Security
- Personal attributes that are compatible with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence
- Australian working rights
- Be the holder of, or able to obtain an Australian federal police clearance
- Currently hold, or be eligible to hold an Australian Commonwealth Government Security Clearance
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employee Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Professor Craig Valli (+ 61 8) 6304 5109 for more information.
How to Apply
Please make sure that your application includes the following information/documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages) and describing your suitability for this position.
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Links to your PhD & other theses and publications (e.g. Google Scholar profile).
- Links to 2-5 career-best publications where you are the primary author (incl. CORE/ERA rank).
- Names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
- Other supporting material
Please apply online by Sunday November 26th 2017 at 11.30 pm AWST.
Applicants must be available to travel to Perth to be interviewed week commencing 18th December 2017
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.