Service Desk Officer - QTAC
The Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) has a provided centralised tertiary admission services on behalf of Queensland tertiary institutions since 1975. The company works with universities, TAFE Queensland and private colleges to collect and process applications for tertiary study and make offers for eligible applicants.
The Information Technology Services section is responsible for the physical computer systems, networking and system security and for the provision and maintenance of databases and software to support QTAC’s operations. We are looking for a full time, permanent Service Desk Officer to provide help desk support to QTAC staff and internal and external clients.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide frontline IT support
- Ascertain the cause of desktop hardware faults, rectify where possible
- Windows Desktop and associated server administration
- Create, modify and delete user accounts
- Maintain user phone numbers, ring and pickup groups
- Support and maintain contact centre software
- Participate in infrastructure project planning and execution
- Assist in IT equipment purchasing, asset management and disposal process.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to resolve issues
- Investigate application related issues and gather information to assist developers with accelerated problem resolution
- Perform physical network patching tasks
- Gain an understanding of the business to assist with service desk issue triage and job allocation
- Develop service desk documentation, user communications and training materials
- Identify and communicate possible improvements to service provision
- Provide phone, email and face-to-face support for users
The successful applicant will have the following key skills:
- Formal qualifications in Information Technology service or support or commensurate on the job experience
- Knowledge of Windows, Windows Server, UNIX, Microsoft office suite and Jira (Desirable)
- ITIL certification (Desirable)
- Friendly, helpful and customer focussed
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, innovative, organised and motivated team member
- Able to manage conflicting tasks in line with section priorities and timelines
Base salary for this position is $ 2,422.23 per fortnight (excludes superannuation and tax).
A full position description for this job is attached. To apply, please submit a written application including a current CV (with the names and addresses of two referees) and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 November 2017 or phone (07) 3858 1274 with any queries.