Research Assistant to the UNESCO Chair
SALARY RANGE: $60,682 to $66,237 pa pro rata (plus 9.5% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (29.4 hours per week) and fixed term to 31 December 2018
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will provide high-level research assistance and support to the UNESCO Chair, Cultural Diversity and Social Justice and the Director, Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation.
This will include:
- Provide high-level support towards the submission of grant applications and reports.
- Provide high-level editorial support for finalising papers and reports.
- With limited supervision, provide outstanding research assistance including conducting literature reviews, transcription and drafting documents.
- Provide outstanding assistance towards the submission of competitive funding proposals including preparation of budgets and coordination of submission.
- An honours qualification in the social sciences and humanities and/or progress towards a PhD in the social sciences and humanities.
- Demonstrated experience as a research assistant in the social sciences and humanities.
- Demonstrated experience with mixed methods research including qualitative (content analysis/nVIVO). and quantitative research skills (use of SPSS; other statistical program for data analysis).
- Demonstrated experience supporting the development of academic publications and grant submissions.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Cayla Edwards, Tel: +61 3 9244 6658, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 14 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people