Research Technician in Agriculture
- Fixed Term (until 19 November 2020), Full Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Bundaberg
- Total Remuneration $61,874 to $68,941 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $52,439 to $58,430 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Your New School:
The School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences encompasses medical and imaging sciences, clinical sciences, psychology, safety science, environmental health, health promotion and accident forensics. We are also continuing to develop and deliver a broad spectrum of courses in the fields of environmental science, exercise and sport science, paramedic science, oral health and chiropr actic.
Your New Role:
- As a Research Technician, you will contribute towards the research effort of CQUniversity and develop capability through the pursuit of defined projects relevant to the particular field of research .
- You will assist in a series of laboratory, glasshouse and field experiments related to plant disease control in horticulture system, and work closely with other research staff and external stakeholders.
You Will Be:
- Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Achieving practical results and performing work that results in concrete outputs or outcomes.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application for this position, please provide evidence of the following qualifications and experience;
- Completion of a relevant trade certificate, or completion of Year 12 with work experience in a relevant area of crop protection (essential)
- Demonstrated knowledge in a relevant fields (e.g. biology, horticulture, plant pathology) (essential)
- Ability to rapidly acquire the knowledge of nematode extraction methods, including identification of plant-parasitic nematodes for diagnostic and research work (essential)
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32186
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 19 November 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description.Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply