Lecturer in Aviation
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Engineering and Technology
- CQUniversity Cairns
- Total Remuneration $109,599 to $130,150 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $92,886 to $110,303 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Relocation Entitlements may apply
Your New School:
With one of the largest and fastest-growing footprints of any university in the country, CQUniversity Australia is on a phenomenal trajectory, with strong growth in student numbers, courses, campuses and accolades. We are bringing our focus on engaged and innovative education to benefit students, industry and communities in the Cairns area and beyond. By providing positive graduate outcomes, and offerings designed in collaboration with industry and business, we ensure students receive up-to-date, real-world skills.
Your New Location:
The CQUni Cairns campus melds state-of-the-art technology with fresh and contemporary interiors to create innovative and positive learning facilities.
Cairns is one of Australia’s most vibrant multicultural cities. With an international airport, Cairns city is connected domestically and globally making it an attractive study destination for both domestic and international students alike. Located in tropical North Queensland and nestled between the Wet Tropics Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef, Cairns is a unique environment renowned nationally and internationally as a premier tourist destination.
Your New Role:
Making contributions to the teaching effort of the institution and carry out activities to maintain and develop your scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline including -
- Acting as unit coordinator.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars.
- Attendance at school meetings and/or membership of a number of committees.
You Will Be:
- Having intellectual and robust discussions, and focused on continual education, professional development and idea exchange.
- Continuously improving and exploring new ways to do your job successfully.
- Collaborating and cooperating with other departments to achieve positive business outcomes.
You Will Have:
When submitting your application please provide evidence of the following mandatory qualification;
- Hold a postgraduate qualification in an Aviation related discipline, or equivalent accreditation and standing. The following are also considered desirable for the position:
- PhD in an Aviation related discipline.
- Commercial Pilot Licence.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32181
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, 10th December 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.” CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply