Closing Date: Open Till Filled
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
To manage a group of technical professionals in the area of Design and Engineering, Project, Construction, Interior Decoration, Operation and Maintenance. Responsible for infrastructure and building developments.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in architecture, interior design, engineering, facilities management, project management or construction management or surveying, etc;
- Conversant computer skill (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, email and the web) and in depth knowledge of date analysis; skills of CAD is required;
- Strong communications and customer service skill;
- Good command of both English and Chinese;
- At least 5 years working experience in project, construction, interior decoration or facilities management;
- Excellent team working skill;
- Ability to gain new skills and knowledge quickly;
- Service minded;
- Responsible and trustworthy;
- MNC or Sino-Foreign University experience is preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Project and Engineering Service Delivery (80%):
- Manage project engineers for the project planning, coordination and technical specification development.
- Manage contractors and vendors construction work to meet quality, function, cost, schedule and safety requirements.
- Lead the team and be responsible for managing all facility repair and maintenance work on campus, to provide a physical support environment commensurate with the University’s corporate objectives and its mission of delivering excellence in teaching, learning, research and associated commercial activity;
- Drive quality standards from the internal team and subcontractors;
- Wide experience both in the preparation and control of development programmes, building and engineering projects and in managing facility operations and maintenance services;
- Deliver effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and as appropriate;
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence;
- A sound understanding of the legal and financial aspects of major projects;
- Oversee the management of service contracts and monitor contractor’s performance;
Planning, organising and liaison (10%):
- Advise on matters related to physical development taking into account the University’s declared targets and strategic plans and the parameters laid down in local and regional structure plans;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of how the services line/functional operations collectively interrelate to contribute to providing the right solution to the customer and business;
- Work with other operational management to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues;
- Assure team adherence to incident management, escalation and notification procedure and delivery prompt problem resolution;
Continuous Development and Improvement (10%):
- Assist with planning and implementing environmental & energy efficiency initiatives;
- Deliver continuous operations improvement in facilities direction and management process;
- Deliver services demonstrating value for money;
- Participate in training and staff development events as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org